Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, September 8, 2017

WHAT

I re-read Silliman's What, part of the Alphabet published in 1988. It is pretty much as expected, read without any expectations that it would be better or worse than my preconception. Now I can just read it as a book of Ron's without thinking of it as Language Poetry per se.

***

I went into full professorial mode at poetini yesterday, explaining the intellectual roots of poststructuralism in Eastern European structuralism / Russian formalism, etc...  I had to stop myself mid lecture. I don't like lecturing out of school.  Well, I do, actually, but I have to do it in very small doses or I will turn into my father.

No comments: