Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Saturday, October 6, 2018

A Dream of Rhythm Changes

I was in a lesson and was supposed to play along with the teacher and some other people on rhythm changes. I started by playing a walking bass in my left hand but I was told "Enough of that bass," so I gave that up. I simply could not play anything, though they were all playing coherently through the changes; I didn't even touch the keyboard through an entire chorus.

 I finally said I wanted to play it by myself.  I did, without looking at my hands, and without being sure of the notes of the chords either. It started badly and got worse and worse, until the final phrase was completely atonal.

No comments: