Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, October 1, 2018

Mompou, Música callada X


Pardon the image on the video.  There ought to be a way of uploading an MP3 rather than having to do it as a video.  Pardon my playing too. I'm sure I'll be embarrassed a year later by this. But that is because I am making some progress.

What I was going for was a certain sound on the piano. I was playing on a Steinway at the music building that had a real meaty bass register, and a really loooooong decay. and so I played the piece a bit bombastically, with some storminess rather than cantabile, and some mudiness in the sustain pedal. Still, this for me is good playing, the best I've been able to achieve in the classical vein.

No comments: