Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Sunday, October 14, 2018

An Illusion

I get the illusion that people are going to be get tired of hearing me talk about Lorca.

But everyone else is not living in my head and doesn't have to hear it 24 hours a day like I do, so when I do talk about it it might still be fresh for them.

I was thinking my piano teacher was going to get tired of Mompou, but that is only 45 minutes of her week, whereas for me it is an hour a day or so.  I am not with anyone else on a daily basis who is going to get as tired of me as I myself am.

2 comments:

Leslie B. said...

It is the opposite. They'll get tired of hearing people who don't know as much about Lorca, talk about Lorca. The more you think about something, the more interesting you become.

Jonathan said...

Yes, that is why I think my field is not so good. There are good people in it, but around the periphery a lot of chatter. You would't believe what I get in my google scholar alert about Lorca.