Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Sunday, January 31, 2021

A Series of Pleasant Dreams

 I woke, fell asleep, woke again, in cycles. My dreams were pleasant, mostly, and when I awoke I would narrate them to myself or comment on their emotional texture, till I fell asleep again and resumed the dreaming. I was tutoring my daughter in French. She was supposed to come up with sentences illustrating a certain linguistic principle ????. I asked her what it meant and she didn't know, so I suggested that "Nous sommes en train de manger" would be a good one. We are in the process of eating. She wrote down some sentences, but in English. Later I was walking behind two colleagues from French department. They were walking fast and I could not catch up, even though the distance was very small. I did not call out to them. They split up but continued their conversation from afar. Then I saw them together in a store or restaurant. The Mad Greek restaurant was now on a different street, I noticed. Then a complicated roommate situation. I was supposedly going to start dating a certain woman who I also shared space with in an apartment. She had gone to an Obama event with another of our roommates, and said "They say I used to date Obama too." 

1 comment:

Leslie B. said...

I managed to remember two dreams.

1/ My father had died and my brother and I had gone hiking together in Cappadocia, of all places. Our conversation showed me how and why he had always felt alienated from the family, and how and why my efforts to combat this had backfired.

2/ Some students, colleagues and I -- chosen at random, I think, some were new ones from this semester that I don't know at all, and some are random ones that I do know, but are not necessarily my trusted ones -- were at an archaeological dig, trying to uncover the truth.