Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, January 1, 2021

Salvador Moreno Manzano

 I discovered another composer today, a Mexican one. The bar is high to get included in my book. I wish there were more women composers to approach Lorca's work, because that would make ME look better.  I don't want to do either a descriptive survey or make claims for a lot of very minor works. 

I also found some Alberti settings by Rodolfo Halffter today. I have to look up the spelling of his name every time. One l, two ffs, one t.  

1 comment:

Vance Maverick said...

Somewhere Lewis Carroll proposes a parlor game where one player gives a string of letters and the others have to find a word containing that (contiguous) string. He was thinking of English, but I'll bet it would work in any language with an alphabetic script. I can't remember if proper nouns were allowed.