Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Pandemic research

 I got off the zoom with a British musicologist, who spent an hour with me talking about the part of my project within her expertise. This is something I might not have done before the pandemic. Yesterday, we had a first meeting of a Spanish poetry reading club. Three or four or us from the US and the same number from Spain. That, too, was lovely, and wouldn't have happened otherwise.  I spend more on books, much less on eating out and drinks at bars (nothing now). Don't go to conferences, but these forms of contact are more satisfying in many cases. At conference I remember seeing friends and not having time to talk to them. I might never to the MLA again.  

No comments: