Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Hutcheon

 It is hard to explain why Hutcheon's work resonates so little with me. Clearly, she has written about topics many have cared about, at the right time and in a way that makes her general conclusions valid and "citable" for many in the field. Her writing on metafiction, on postmodernism, and on adaptation comes to mind.  I will cite her at appropriate moments, but her work never really moves me or resonates with my own thought.  

Perhaps it is because he work reads like that of someone who is oriented toward narrative fiction, and barely mentions a poem or poet, ever. 

3 comments:

Leslie B. said...

Or is just bland. Isn't she Canadian? They're nice because middle of the road. What she cares about is representation, accuracy, and things like that, it seems to me, but it would all be more interesting if she would comment on things like news and ads, things the Communications department deals with...

Jonathan said...

Bland, yes. I was trying to be nice. I don't know if Canadians bland or not as general rule!

Leslie B. said...

The famous niceness is designed as a cover for extreme conservatism, I am sure of it. That is why adventurous Canadians try to escape.