Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, December 8, 2022

Selling myself short

 I tended not to put a lot of energy into promoting or even thinking about my book The Twilight of the Avant-Garde. I spent a lot of time working on it, and a lot of mental energy against the "poetry of experience." Now, re-reading all of this, instead of regretting it, I think I am still right!  If anything, LGM is worse than I thought, in every dimension. Even one of his closest collaborators from the early years came out with a diatribe against him. 

3 comments:

Leslie B. said...

I think this was actually how I discovered your work. Not that I read the book really, but I noticed it, got hold of it somehow, and said aha, here's someone more interesting than most other professors.

Jonathan said...

I thought people had only read the Lorca book published the same year.

Leslie B. said...

No, twilight of the avant-garde is an eye-catching title