Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, February 15, 2016

inversions

I've done a song in Db, and learned most of the chords for Gb. Even though I seem to know this new key, I really don't, since I can't get anything to sound right in its yet and no melodic idea will emerge. The fourth degree of the scale is B, though I guess I should be thinking of it as Cb. Manual dexterity is not improving much, nor is my skill at writing down the notes, since I haven't done that for a few weeks either. I've made strides in harmonic thinking, and have started to be more savvy about chord inversions, rather than just always playing the bass note with my pinkie, the third with my third finger, and the seventh with my thumb.

No comments: