Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

2016 diary so far

Inane anecdotes
maybe a turn of phrase
thought up in the shower

***

Lost, magnetic money clip--
I saw it after several months
as I stooped to fill an air mattress--
clinging to the metal side of
glass top desk


***


Rosemary and thyme
shampoo
a professor's dinner
or popular song?

***

Me

Little golden rooster,
tell me your secret

The Rooster

Lift up with your cry
the tombstone of night

[FGL]

***

One day on the keyboard

my right hand knew what to do

***

To be professor

I don't need biceps


***

Two accidents happened at once:

I melted a spatula in the frying pan

I wrote a new song

***

There is a season for being pedantic

but this is not it

***


Walking out into the street two middle-aged Spanish novelists recall the elegant women of their youth,

movie stars, their mothers and aunts photographed as movie stars

***

I want to play jazz piano and have a girlfriend who wears lipstick.

***

I relearn the bass line to "Bemsha Swing"

My stubby fingers play fast scales

I buy a notebook for these poems but write them down in the computer instead

Prednisone makes the world seem unreal

***

among

***

Two sprigs of rosemary plucked
from the sidewalk, squeezed
between fingers. Its smell.
It lasts still, I say every time.

[Miguel Casado]


***

Vile coffee shop smooth jazz mix
interrupted by Bach's cello
or Monk!

***

Toast:

To bad translations of Rilke that made us fall in love with Rilke

To fountain pens I don't know how to use and soap that slips through my fingers

Clumsy fingers that nevertheless manage to fold the omelette

And figure out all by themselves the fingering to a scale



To amateur talent shows with their unexceptional beauties

To the twenty-thousand breaths of a day and other pointless calculations

Let us not redact or renege, refute or renegotiate

The warmth of April evenings or the taste of a pear

***

Feiglure

***

Anxiety, old friend,

feel free to come and go, but not to stay

No comments: