Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Textual

I'm not a textual editor, so take this cum grano salis, or with several. Textual editing can be oriented toward

*the creative process. Here the interest is in the process of the text before the definitive version, or the revisions among several editions.

*the final product, representing the author's final say about what the text should be.

(Other factors can also intervene, like readability or textual convention.)

My interest in primarily in the text's reception, so I tend to gravitate first to the text that the first readers would have seen, or to editions that have had a wide diffusion. Maybe that's why I'm not a textual editor.

No comments: