Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Can I Get Good?

Can I really get good at jazz piano? I really have no idea. If I think I can get good, then I will just keep playing.

Right now my idea is this:

Learn six of my own songs so that I can play them perfectly each time. I will record these at the studio in the library, first doing just the piano version, with no vocal or drums and not even any improvisation. I need to have an aim that is as modest as possible.

Then, for my next recording I will redo these songs with vocals and drums added. I need to develop drums tracks for them, then play piano along with the drums (in headphones), then add vocals.

No comments: