Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Can I Get Good?

Can I really get good at jazz piano? I really have no idea. If I think I can get good, then I will just keep playing.

Right now my idea is this:

Learn six of my own songs so that I can play them perfectly each time. I will record these at the studio in the library, first doing just the piano version, with no vocal or drums and not even any improvisation. I need to have an aim that is as modest as possible.

Then, for my next recording I will redo these songs with vocals and drums added. I need to develop drums tracks for them, then play piano along with the drums (in headphones), then add vocals.

No comments: