Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, July 1, 2016

1993

Someone requested an article of mine from academia.com or a site like that from 1993, on Gil-Albert. I found it, sent it to the woman who requested it, and re-read it for the first time in probably twenty years. It is actually pretty good. It just lays out an argument and goes through the steps needed to demonstrate its point, in a very straightforward way. I remember how I wrote it: after doing the readings, I sat down in one day and wrote out a sketch of the argument in longhand. Another day, I wrote the article itself on my computer. A guy I knew happened to contact me saying he was putting together and issue of a journal, did I have anything. I sent it in and it was published with no further ado. It is well enough written and the argument is coherent and easy to follow.

No comments: