Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Brine

Brine

I am like the brine in a pickle jar

my own recipe!


like antique honey preserved all this time but

spread on fresh bread


I am a unique individual you would probably want to get

to know


*********


I decided to write a whole book of these bad poems. There will be exactly sixty of them. Please help me come up with a title.


PREFACE:

Most poetry is going to be bad anyway, so I thought I would short-circuit the process and go directly for utter badness. Nevertheless, my friends often tell me that I could do even worse, and that there are a few lines here and there that aren't bad enough. They accuse me of trying to write good poetry in the guise of ineptness. Still, I have put in enough ham-fisted line-breaks, awkward similes, and wordy explanatory filler to displease any discerning reader.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

This is very bad and it would be difficult to get worse. Congratulations...

Bob Basil said...

I cannot completely concur you, Leslie, alas. :(

;)

Give "honey" its multiple meanings and the rest of the second stanza perks up a bit. Sorry, Jonathan!