Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Melonoma

I was given (in a dream) a stack of papers about two inches thick with my medical diagnosis of a skin cancer on my waist toward the lower back. I couldn't understand why they had to give me so many papers. About half way into the stack there was a page urging me to take urgent action. It seemed a very inefficient way of giving me that message. As I was trying to wake up and have other dreams, I tried to figure out whether it had been a dream or not. I had to retrace my steps during the day. I realized I hasn't been out of the house since 5 p.m., and had not checked my mail, so that there was no way I could have received these papers.

No comments: