Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Monday, January 2, 2017

New Year

I'm making a few new year's adjustments.  Not to call them resolutions.

1) A poem a day for 2017.  Usually, I write it in the shower so it really takes no time.

2) I'm instituting a morning routine.

A. Make bed
B. Check email
C. All the bathroom things you don't need a list of, shaving, etc...
D. Coffee
E. Puzzles
F. Write down poem I've written in the shower on the blog; other blogging as needed
G. Do at least one or two 1st or 2nd tier activity for a fixed period of time: piano playing, cleaning, whatever.

3) I'm making meditation into a first tier activity rather than 2nd tier one.  In other words, it will be done for its self rather than as a support to the first tier.

4) I should also institute a routine for going to the office on teaching days.

No comments: