Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, August 3, 2020

Dream of Language Game

I had a disturbing dream of being verbally attacked by X. She said, among other things "you are a goy." Then I reasoned that almost everyone is a goy, including the person telling me this, who is not Jewish either, and I said something like "I cannot be insulted unless I agree to play the same language game as you are playing." 

 It was a zen insight. Our language has arbitrary categories, dividing the world up in dumb ways along a million axes. To say I am in a category, the goyim, that includes billions of people is not an insult unless I am playing along with that particular language game. 

No comments: