Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Some pandemic projects

 *Learning Romanian.

I know all the major Romance languages enough to follow a novel, but not Romanian, yet. So this is going to be challenging. I've learned some already. By "major" just mean ones that have enough novels in them to make it worth while. I'm sure the minor ones are just as valuable, but I have to set an arbitrary limit.  I'd also like to do this for modern Greek and German. 

*Listening to all Beethoven Sonatas while following along in the score. 

This is super good, not because of my half-assed ability to follow along, but simply because you can't get distracted, and gain a sense of the structure of the music. I get lost a lot, but it's ok. 

No comments: