Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Saturday, August 29, 2020

New Stories

 I wrote several new stories in the past few days. I realized that in a story I could use ideas that I had that didn't fit into poems or academic essays. (Although some stories I stole from my poems and blog posts). Some of my stories are non-fictionl, in the sense that they really happened to me. What makes them stories is the form of presentation.  I realized, then, that the important part of fiction is not its made-up quality, but its attitude toward its subject matter. 

1 comment:

Leslie B. said...

I have to do this. My stories are all stories of things that really happened, so they're not fiction. But they seem like stories, i.e. my long thought of book of stories includes the things that happened to me, or that I saw happen, that had the structure of stories.