Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Mystic Sonnet


I found this sonnet by a nun, Sor Ana de la Trinidad, ca. 1600 in the ABC. There's an edition of her works that's appeared.  She only wrote 19 sonnets, but this one looks great. I'm still confused by its spatial relations a bit, but it has some great lines. 



 

A la región do anhelas remontado

huye ligero en tu secreto nido,

donde estarás seguro y escondido

de las tormentas de la mar airado,

que siendo el crudo invierno ya pasado

cuando el campo de verde esté vestido,

aunque de mar a mar la mar crecido,

podrás entre las olas ir a nado;

o te traguen o suban hasta el cielo,

quedarás como pluma levantada,

y el tiempo breve pasarás en flores

vestido del color de tus amores;

divisarás tu patria deseada,

si altivo permaneces en tu vuelo.