Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, September 14, 2020

Dreams

 We have two lives: waking life and dream life

In dream life we take the accoutrements of real life,

the houses and people, but mostly the psychological gunk 

and re-write it into ritual dramas or films 

Everyone in the drama is the self: the priest

the sacrificial scapegoat, helper or enemy 

the drama doesn't need a plot, beginning or end 

just enough conflict or anxiety

never in short supply!  


For me dreaming cleanses, rinses out

some of that psychological gunk 

I read somewhere that that is its biological function 


In waking life we try to remember these filmscripts

write them down if we do remember 

though many don't remember or care to write

we interpret the fuck out of them

use them to write poems, plays, and other film scripts 

We can prettify them, straighten them out

 or keep them messy

I like the the messy option 

They are realer than real life because they 

are psychologically real

pure products of the mind and everything is mind 

possibly 

We interpret the bejesus out of these scripts 

whatever we write down and remember 

I have a PhD in this and teach others to do this 

then fall asleep again the next night  




No comments: