Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, March 8, 2021

Bluenote

 A particular set of Bluenote jazz musicians, often appearing on each other's records in the 1960s. Andrew Hill, Bobby Hutcherson, Joe Chambers. With the bassist Richard Davis on many of these records. I gravitate toward this music, somewhere between hard bop and avant-garde. Curiously, none is among my favorite instrumentalists on their particular instruments, except for Bobby H, on vibes. It's just that particular epoch and style I like. 

Since today I am listening to a Hungarian opera on Bodas de sangre, I will listen to these as my reward after work. I don't even dislike the opera, but it is work to listen to it. 

No comments: