Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, April 8, 2021

Tree Swallows

 It was raining most of the day. After I recovered a bit from my Buffalo lecture and talked to my daughter on the phone, I went to the wetlands. It was sunny by then, and I saw dozens of tree swallows, small, agile aerialists, flying from birdhouse to birdhouse (these are spaced at strategic distances along the path). I saw them other places too after I left that section. There must be hundreds, based on the scores I saw. 

Saw some of my normal bird-feeder birds in the wild (cardinal, hairy woodpecker), walked to far end to see my favorite, Northern Shoveler, only to see one close to where I had parked, on the way back. 

No comments: