Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Saturday, November 3, 2018

I've actually had the experience of not wanting to read something too closely, in fear that I would get too critical.  When reading tenure evaluations and the like, or for book reviews. Sometimes I smell blood in the water and I know that I could be even more critical than I am, if I were too look at every claim and assertion with more scrutiny.  With the Orringer book I've noticed a tendency toward loose analogies that seem to have assertive content but are really just rhetorical flourishes with very little that could be verified (or falsified for that matter).  I kind of hoped the book would be bit better. It does have some strong points as well, but I'm sure I could find something to query every two pages or so.

1 comment:

Leslie B. said...

El es así and so much writing in field used to be like that.

OT I just found an amazing site of archival recordings good for research. Check it out (this isn't the home link) and click around. http://jazzhotbigstep.com/16501.html