Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Spelling bee

I do the "spelling bee" puzzle in the New York Times, virtually every day.  [In other words, every frizzing day, given my notorious puzzle addiction.] You have seven letters, and one that must be present in every word.  Words must have at least four letters. There is one word (or more) that is the "pangram," the word with all seven letters, for that day's puzzle.

"S" is never a letter, so you can never form extra words by adding and "s" to make a plural or a third person singular verb. Also, they never had "e" and "d" in the same puzzle, so that you can't make extra words with past participles with that morpheme.

Each day, I try to reach the "genius" level, and also get the "pangram."

No comments: