Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Hand


Here is day 10 of hand drawing. I'm seeing some shapes being more or less the right size proportionately. A tiny bit of three dimensionality. Sloppy details. Imprecise or confusing foreshortening above the second knuckle. I would say it's a drawing of someone trying to learn to draw. In other words, it shows a kind of effort that I like. For example, in the shape and relation of the four fingers to one another, in the shape of the fleshy part of the hand below the thumb.    


 

1 comment:

Thomas Basbøll said...

I began drawing hands today. I'm still amazed at how much better the drawing "works" an hour after I've drawn it than it did immediately after it was finished. It's like my brain has to forget how it was made before it can put the lines in their proper perspective. It tells us something about how perception works, I think.