Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, May 28, 2021

Sonic Humanities

 A colleague Araceli and I are proposing a seminar at our Humanities Center on Sonic Humanities. I wasn't sure what that was, but the phrase popped into my head and when I googled it, there was very little. The only place I found it was in the description of a podcast. My colleague is a little hipper to these things than I am. We'll see if it gets approved in the competition, and whether we get a lot of interest.  It's worth a shot.  

1 comment:

Thomas Basbøll said...

I've been reading Robert Creeley lately. He likes to quote Pound on prosody as "the articulation of the total sound of a poem." Not sure if it's related, but your post, as it were, resonates with my reading.