Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Three kinds of sexists

 I had [virtual] coffee with a former colleague today. She said there were three kinds of sexists in evidence (not in reference to any particular person or persons, though some names may have been in my mind and hers). I am embellishing it a bit, but this is essentially what she said. 

The patronizing uncle.  [Apparently benevolent, but obstructing and making things difficult at all times, slowing things down impossibly, with 3,000 word emails, overthinking every damned thing.]

The strict father. [Impossible to please. Also obstructing, in a "father knows best" mode.] 

The macho asshole. [Arrogant, thinks he is better than everyone else. Everyone knows he is machista, except for him.]


No comments: