Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, January 14, 2022

RA

 With a poet I like ok, like Rae Armantrout, but do not think is as brilliant as some people say. I don't think she's in the category of Wallace Stevens or Lorine Niedecker. It's just very good, not something that knocks you over. I'm not even trying to knock her, but she is all over the NYRB and places like that now.  

I tend not to want to say anything. Another poet on FB is saying how they re ignored, when it is obvious the person is a moderately successful person, good at self-promotion, who is probably exactly as famous as she ought to be within the limited small-press poetry world. On Jeopardy contestants know the atomic number of iron or the capital of Surinam but probably couldn't name a living poet.  

No comments: