Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Th

Slept in till 8:15. Went to gym for a very short time, then went to office at 9:15. Worked on Graduate studies matters and personal business.

Anxiety level is high, as it always is when I have to deal with money issues. I go back to Graduate Studies and revise a doc about the organization of the PhD exam. I chat with some colleagues, and student on the job market, then prepare for afternoon meeting. I leave campus at 11:50.

Lunch. I buy some wind chimes, hang them up at home. I need to buy Feng Shui crystals.

14:00 Accountant.

14:30 Back on campus. Anxiety has been extremely high. I check material I need for meeting, get R. to print out more stuff for me that I don't have yet.

I read over my Chomsky notes. I send another memo for grad studies. Work a little, very little, on Lorca. The anxiety may be from not doing Lorca.

16:00 Faculty meeting. I have to run this particular meeting, so that is maybe why I have been anxious all day.

17:00 Martini group.

After that, dinner and relaxing.

No comments: