Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday work day

I got up at 7:40. I was firing on all cylinders and wrote a lot on my blog and a new article which may not need to be an article. (See some of my posts below). I went into campus and continued to work, had lunch, did a little class prep for tomorrow, came home at around 1. Had a Feng Shui practitioner come over to consult about my house. I don't really go in for this stuff in a literal way, but I think I needed to do something to be more finely attuned to my lived environment. She pointed out I needed more color, at the very least. Bring more personal items home from the office. Then I did some personal business and not much for the rest of the day. Swing dancing club is at 8. I have teaching tomorrow til 7, faculty meeting on Thursday, and grade appeal hearing on Friday.

4 comments:

Vance Maverick said...

"Bring more personal items home from the office" sounds sad....until I remember that you suffered an apartment fire. Are you back in the same place? Either way, I can imagine not having personal items there. (Just as, on a smaller scale, since my current employer moves our group around unpredictably every 4 months or so, I don't bother unpacking my box.)

Jonathan said...

Fire, divorce, moving twice. I've been in my office longer than in any residence in the past 5 years.

Vance Maverick said...

Ugh, sorry to hear it -- if you posted news of the divorce, I missed it. Hope you settle in.

profacero said...

You have 18 year old, right? She can probably fix this problem.

I live in craftsman style cottage which indoors looks like Freud's studio or else a collection of primitive art a surrealist would have. I am *so* over it. I want minimalist condo with underground parking, skylights and roof garden. Anything in it will by a hybrid of Scandinavian and Japanese, and there will not be much.