Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Monday, February 4, 2013

Tracking Monday

I got here at about 8:30 after walking in. Prepared class and collated votes for a departmental thing. I did a bit of personal business in there too; just a few seconds to print out a tax form. I thought a bit about "exceptionalism." I open up my document and start working 20 minutes before I have to teach.

11-12:15. Teach undergraduate course.

Lunch, worked on Lorca a bit. I feel I don't quite have my section on Spanish cultural exceptionalism thought out yet. I've been doing so in blog posts before I write it up as a section of Chapter 2. I write some more blog posts. Chapter 2 is 44 pages and still not done.

I do personal business. College financial aid forms. I call feng shui practioner and accountant. It is 14:25. I think I need wind chimes.

I haven't been keeping track of how many hours I work a week. I suspect it would not be an impressive number. I don't think it matters. Since I'm already "alpha" researcher type my main effort is in making sure my classes are also really excellent. I am not alpha teaching award-winning teacher.

No comments: