Featured Post

Plumly

Poetry Foundation:  Poet Stanley Plumly was born in Barnesville, Ohio, and grew up in the lumber and farming regions of Virginia and Ohio...

Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Project is Bigger than Me

I feel this way, that the project has a mind of its own. I'm just the person the project is using to get itself written. When an idea decides it needs me, who am I to say no? If I listen hard enough, I will know what I need to do. I look at material, and say "that needs to go there." I feel myself making objective decisions about what belongs where. When I view my project like this, my habitual laziness disappears too.

1 comment:

profacero said...

This is part of not "competing down." When you are working on the Project you are not fighting over crumbs and there is a lot to get done.