Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Friday, April 26, 2013

President

I've never been president of anything before except a dissertation defense in Spain. Now I am president-elect of the university senate. Looks like we have a lot of issues before us next year. I am not president of the faculty senate, but of the university senate, which includes senates for staff and students as well. I will not actually be president until fall of 14, so I have some time to learn what it's all about.

2 comments:

Professor Zero said...

Dayum. You are up for a wild ride.

Clarissa said...

Wow, congratulations. You will be able to do a lot of good work. Our Senate sucks because it is struggling with all its might to prevent faculty members from knowing what happens in the meetings.