Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Taking over the project

My friend Bob also asked me why I didn't structure my whole project around the notion of exceptionalism. This is a good question. I think I need to write the book about Lorca, and keep the exceptionalism material that doesn't fit in here for my next book, Snazzy Title: The Poetics of Cultural Exceptionalism. That one idea could take over the project and make the chapters I have already written useless.

The title maybe should be Against the Grain. A rebours. Sort of a play on Williams' In the American Grain.

1 comment:

Andrew Shields said...

"Snazzy Title" is a great title! :-)