Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Poem containing a line by Rimbaud

Here am I, Mateo, caught in this particular stretch of time and wanting to be in another moment instead

Moi, l'autre hiver, plus sourd que les cerveaux d'enfants

Somehow a better time, free from the dullness of hearing this guy

Read aloud from his self-absorbed memoir

Why should we care about this?  I'm thinking

A moment from the past? That's not possible.  To skip forward to the future?

That will happen anyway if I wait long enough

That's the nature of the passage of time

Like complaining that life is crappy, but also too short!

We'll get there soon enough, and it won't necessarily be pretty

Me, in another Winter, deafer than the brains of little children.





No comments: