Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, March 30, 2023

Can of Peas

 My mother and I and some other people were going to play; we early and they entered while I stood outside in the lobby. I mentioned going out for dessert with someone, but then I realized I couldn't just text someone out of the blue for that. So I went to where they were taking tickets, and realized my mom had my ticket and was already in there. I tried calling her, but I realized the phone in my hand was not mine. I went and put it back on a table where I had been standing, and took out my phone. She didn't answer my call, so I snuck past the ticket takers and began to search for her in the auditorium, but she wasn't there.

***

Later, I was on an observation deck of some kind. People had binoculars and were bird watch, but a very large pelican-like bird was on deck. I asked someone what it was, and they said it was called a "can-of -peas." I had to get them to repeat themselves several times. I googled it on my phone, and found a similar image. I took some photos of it, and it was nuzzling up against me, aggressive though not dangerous in the least. Later, it seemed to be a small mammal, not a bird at all. I found its babies on the floor and took some pictures. One had a little black girl in it, who was standing above the baby animals, so I took a second one without her not to intrude on her privacy. I stepped into a room to show my photos to my daughter.... 

I felt a little dumb wondering when I woke up whether there was such a thing as a "can of peas."  I mean, a can of peas that is not simply canned peas.  

No comments: