Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Dream of failed baseball game

 My daughter and I were in a park, with another father and his kid. We had baseball gloves, a ball, and a bat, and were figuring out how to play a casual two-on-two game. Another father came (without his child, who was at the screening of "a certain movie") and suggested we use the home plate on the baseball field on which we were on. Duh!  We moved over there, and tried to start again. More people came and wanted to play or watch. They set up chairs in the infield. We had to do some paperwork, sign some agreements or something. I was thinking that we would never start to actually play, and getting anxious about it, but nobody else seemed to care. Why should I care if it wasn't a big deal of other people? It was unclear who was on what team, or where the bases were supposed to be. I was irritated by some stuff that people had piled up near the home plate, making play impossible. In order to move things along, I offered to pitch, but a little girl wanted to do it so I let her throw out the first pitch...  

The moral of the story seemed to be: don't let other people complicate your simple ideas; they will just get in your way.  

No comments: