Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Bluthochzeit

 I'm listening to a German opera on Bodas de sangre. While my German is not particularly good, I can follow the first couple scenes pretty well. The diction of the singers is excellent, in the recitative and spoken parts, and I know the Spanish text very well, needless to say. "Dein Vater... Blut..."  "Das Madschen ist gut, nicht war?" "Niemals."  Ganz alein.   "Leonardo Félix"  "Felix?!!" 

The second scene, I don't understand as well. There are two women, so it must be La mujer y la suegra de Leonardo. Now I am hearing the lullaby. "Mein Kind..."  Now Leonardo enters. Very strong, masculine baritone. "My cousin..." [Leonardo's wife and La Novia are cousins]. 

This is really a comp lit project!  Earlier today I was listening to something in Italian. Unfortunately I am not an opera guy. 

No comments: