Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Mediation

 I noticed in our poetry reading group how we value mediation, metapoetic reflection and reference to translation. I am the same way in this group, and in fact we all seem to think along the same lines, with only slight disagreements. The poetry we choose is in the same "school" of cont. Spanish. I am not complaining in the least. I respond well to the earnest metapoetry too. 

But... my own aesthetic is much more oriented toward the immediate. Something that cuts through all the bullshit, as in a Ron Padgett poem.  (Still reading Notley's book, read an essay on Kyger and now am on Padgett. 

1 comment:

Leslie B. said...

Poetry that mentions poetry revolts me due to preciousness.