Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Becoming the exceptional learning community

 It strikes me that the title of this email from the provost is grammatically incorrect. It should be an exceptional learning community.  I wouldn't say, I want to be the exceptional professor of Spanish.* Also, what is exceptional about professing the exact same values as every other university? Nobody else talks about being excellent, right?  We are the exception! Of course, I realize this is aspirational.  No administrator is going to talk about how mediocre the school is. At least we're not West Virginia or SUNY Albany.  


_____


*Maybe, though, it's like saying "becoming the complete musician," the ideal Platonic form of something?  

No comments: