Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

4

 4. In the poetry of one generation of Spanish poets coming up in the late 1960s, the so-called novísimos, there is a great deal of reference to the culture and literature of the English-speaking world. In the original editions of these books. I notice an abundance of typographical errors in the transcription of English proper names and the title of works. It is rare to have a name spelled correctly. One or two typos would simply be simply mistakes, but dozens of them lend a festive, almost hallucinatory quality to these poets’ vision of my own literary and cultural traditions. In subsequent editions of these poets’ works some of these errors disappear, but some persist for decades. 

No comments: