Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, February 25, 2022

Dream of novel

 This dream had the texture of a 19th century novel. The female protagonist was getting married to a self-important prig. Before the ceremony, he said:  "I have one question to ask you before we wed.  What do you want me to call you?" She said: "Anna."  "No, he said. Many couples have numerous pet names for each other. For example, you can call me Henry, Harry, Hank, Hen, Hon..."  He rattled off a list of possible nicknames,  suggesting they change names every month. Clearly, she did not like that. 

They seemed to be married now, but she was spending most of her time with another male friend (me?). It was clear this was her true love, but divorce was not legal back then, and he [I?} didn't seem to want to make a move. It wasn't clear to me whether I was in the dream myself or the novelist / observer of the action.   

No comments: