Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, February 18, 2022

7

7. They say that mirrors reverse images, but if I write directly on the mirror, the writing is not backwards! A rubber stamp works in the same way: if I look at the stamp directly before dipping it in the ink-pad, the writing is mirror-writing, but if I stamp an image on paper the writing returns to normal. Nobody makes a big deal out of the fact that many other things reverse images in the same way a mirror does. 

 

Even footprints in the mud work this way, after all. A mirror that didn’t “reverse” an image would be like a boot in the mud that produced a footprint in which that boot itself would not longer fit: only the left boot would correspond to the footprint left by the right.      

No comments: